To be the premier Filipino Cleft Center for individuals with congenital facial deformities.
We are committed to provide treatment for individuals with congenital facial deformities and improve the quality of care through education and research in partnership with donors & benefactors, medical practitioners & allied health personnel, government agencies, religious organizations, corporations and other foundations.
We are aware that a lot of individuals, children and adults alike, are suffering from craniofacial birth defects. This realization serves as the primary basis why Cleft Foundation was put together by its founders.
The Cleft Foundation was born when a group of five individuals from fields of expertise came together with a common desire to help indigent Filipinos who were born with deforming and debilitating facial defects. The aim of the foundation is to help these individuals by providing surgeries that turn into hope, improvement of their quality of life to have a better chance to succeed in society.
Cleft Foundation at World CitiMed was formed with the primary goal to help indigent individuals who were born with facial birth defects enhance their quality of life. It aims to provide hope to individuals and their families who have suffered with cleft lip and palate and other craniofacial birth defects. We are aware that a lot of individuals, children and adults alike, are suffering with these unrepaired birth defects. This realization serves as the primary basis why Cleft Foundation at World CitiMed was put together by its founders.
The Cleft Foundation at World CitiMed was born when a group of five individuals from different backgrounds and fields of expertise came together with a common desire to help indigent Filipinos who were born with deforming and debilitating facial defects. The aim of the foundation is to reach out to these individuals and their families, and to give them hope, amidst their physical and emotional sufferings, to improve their quality of life, and to provide them with a better chance to succeed in society.
We simply care for the bio-psychosocial well-being of our patients
We want to spearhead an extensive research on identifying the exact mechanisms on the causes cleft deformities the genetic level.
We provide procedures, treatments, and surgeries in a tertiary-level hospital.
We speak our mind and conduct our activities with integrity.
We never leave our work haphazard.
- Compassion – We simply care for the bio-psychosocial well-being of our patients
- Leadership – We want to spearhead an extensive research on identifying the exact mechanisms on the causes cleft deformities the genetic level.
- Expertise – We provide procedures, treatments, and surgeries in a tertiary-level hospital.
- Forthright – We speak our mind and conduct our activities with integrity.
- Thorough – We never leave our work haphazard.
- To conduct all medical and surgical procedures with the highest standard of care and excellence;
- To perform all activities and operations with absolute integrity;
- To upgrade the level of care for facial clefts and other congenital facial deformities;
- To bring hope and boost self-esteem of indigent Filipinos born with facial defects;
- To encourage professional progress to all our members through research and training; and,
- To instill and bring alive the spirit of compassion and empathy among our medical and health professionals.
- To provide a suitable venue for center-based surgeries;
- To organize a medical team for surgical procedures;
- To manage the activities during the missions with efficiency and utmost transparency;
- To educate individuals on post-operative care following a cleft surgical operation;
- To encourage medical practitioners and allied health personnel to attend continuing medical education; and
- To foster and propagate the spirit of volunteerism while caring for these patients.
BOARD OF OFFICERS
She is one of the founders of Cleft Foundation. She is a graduate of Harvard University with a degree in Master of Liberal Arts in Extension Studies, concentration in Finance and Control in the field of General Management. She is one of the Directors of World Citi Group. She is a licensed Real Estate Broker and Real Estate Appraiser. She is pursuing projects in relation to Real Estate Development.
BONNA FAYE R. VELICARIA, RND, RN
Executive Director of Internal Affairs
She is the Assistant Vice-President for Administration of World Citi Medical Center. She is a member of the Nutritionist Dietitian Association of the Philippines and the Philippines Nurses Association. She is also a member of Philippine Healthcare Christian Fellowship.
ARLYN GRACE V. GUICO, MHA, Ed.D.
She is a graduate of University of Sto. Tomas with a degree in BS Pharmacy, Masters in Hospital Administration and Doctor of Education (Honoris Causa). She is the President of World Citi Inc which comprises of the twin institutions: World Citi Medical Center and World Citi Colleges. She is also a member of the Board of Private Hospitals Association of the Philippines, Inc. (PHAPi). She is also one of the founding directors and currently treasurer of Physicians for Peace Philippines. She became a member of the Board of Directors of Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PHIC) from 2003 to 2009.
Jesus H. Santiago, Jr.
He has expertise in relation to the real estate, insurance and asset management industry, where he has conducted both audit and due diligence work. He has assisted in the Philippine Financial Reporting Standard conversion of different companies and has assisted in the International Financial Reporting Standard conversion in other countries.
Atty. Erwin Zagala
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR FOR EXTERNAL AFFAIRS
The head writer and course creator for Legal Guide Philippines. He is a graduate of Ateneo De Manila University (Legal Management ’02) and the University of the Philippines College of Law (LLB ’06). He took an oath as a lawyer in 2007 and has been practicing in various capacities (corporate, government, private practice). He is also the head of Legal Access Law Offices, a law firm based in Eastwood City, Quezon City which specializes in helping family businesses and small and medium-sized enterprises with legal concerns.
Laurence Loh, MD
Dr. Laurence Loh is a graduate of UP College of Medicine with a fellowship in craniofacial and microvascular surgery at Eastern Virginia Medical School-Norfolk. He was the former chief of Plastic Surgery Section of Jose Reyes Medical Center as well as the assistant chief of the Plastic Surgery Department of St. Luke’s Medical Center. He was also a training officer in Plastic Surgery at Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital and a board examiner at Philippine Board of Plastic Surgery. His international affiliations include memberships in the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons and Oriental Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Eleanor Hembrador, MD
She is a graduate of University of Santo Tomas, College of Medicine in 1968. Professional Licenses in Physician’s Licensure Examination in 1968 and Specialty Board in Pediatrics in 1972.
Josefina Dela Peña
She is currently the Group Comptroller of World Citi Group and the treasurer of Cleft Foundation